martes, 13 de noviembre de 2012

students



Students

Honestly, did you ever cheat on a test? Ok I get cutting corners on homework, especially if your teacher doesn’t give a fuck. I remember in high school, I would make some quick bucks by changing the font on my own work and just putting different names and titles. And the fucking teachers bought it, I guess when you’re under paid and less than appreciated by your students, it’s fucking hard to give a shit. But of course it’s fucking hilarious that I, of all people, ended up being some kind of teacher. 

Well first off, I forgot to mention I couldn’t give less of a fuck about the world of academia. Maybe it’s because universities in Ecuador are decadent institutions that perpetuate a system of education that is in of itself archaic. Maybe that’s an overreaction of by a misfit, but honestly I guess it’s just that I never did belong there in the first place. But I’m not the overt misfit of course, I have tried, and maybe too hard to fit in. I feel kind of like Jane Goodall, but with drunken students instead of civil gorillas. The booze was enjoyable, I still do enjoy it maybe too much and I feel I have to be too self-controlled about that shit. 

Back on track though, students, what the fuck! I remember being one and hating it like shit, but what’s wrong with them now. It’s like all they fucking want is a piece of paper that says “for shit this guy or girl can do this shit!!”, but can they? Shit what’s the point! I see these students every day and they don’t want to put the work. At least I’m open about my not giving a shit about these things. Maybe I’m just naïve, or idealistic, or just full of shit, but isn’t the idea of education to actually learn? I guess that’s why it’s hard for me to give a shit when I the rest just don’t give any, of course that’s just stupid, but fuck! I do want to be a fucking idealist in this fucked up nihilist and cynical world. Or I just want to be different. Either way I end up in limbo, feeling pissed off at these kids yet sadder for them. Fuck, sad sounds like some sappy bullshit, because it’s cool to want to be better, shit if you don’t try to do something for yourself you’re dead. 

Pride, it sounds like an f-word now a days. I read this guy talking about this generation (can’t say it’s mine, because it doesn’t feel like it, I was just born fucking old) and how it’s not cool to be “serious”, if you’re not ironic or in on the joke, you’re the fucking joke. I’m that opposite (I think there is a word for this). No, I love to pretend I don’t give a fuck, it’s like a nice armor; feel like a medieval fucking knight. But I do give a fuck, and it’s really embarrassing sometimes, that sucks.

No hay comentarios: