miércoles, 28 de noviembre de 2012

randomness 3



You know, I haven’t written any random thoughts in a few days. I’ve actually been pretty busy, and I’m really glad. Honestly, that bullshit of the idle hands, or in my case brain, are the devil’s playground does make sense. Though who am I kidding, I will always be one lazy mother fucker, but I’m trying, you might say it’s my process. At least I’m actually writing something, not just doing bullshit crap and just thinking up stuff and never really committing to do the work. 

So I just finished a story, I still have about 70 grammar exercises to correct and over 30 vocabulary homeworks. But I am glad that I finally got a group of students who aren’t just pretty good at English, the actually make me work freaking hard! Man, it is awesome to feel that you’re in a way, an important part of people’s lives, shit even if you just teach them one thing, fuck it’s almost like you’re passing something on, that they will in turn spread to the world. I’m enjoying the shit out of it. And it pays ok, and it gives me time to write. 

Changing subjects, gossip is fun; even if it can be shit if it’s you people are talking about. I’m probably lucky to be pretty anonymous, so nobody and I would bet a lot of money on this, probably talks shit about me. And that sucks sometimes, it almost feels like to few people care. Maybe, I guess I’m just being a whiner. But I don’t know, they say any publicity is good publicity, and let’s not forget, people are very fucking morbid. They love messed up shit ad problems, and people just getting their lives screwed up. 

But do I know any actual real and interesting, this last one is very important since gossip is only spread if interesting, do I know any? Well I guess I don’t, but I do have a few ideas for stories. Like the story of a man who, because of his work and position of power, has to be accompanied by very specialized security that also take care of his family. Imagine a torrid romance between the wife and a security guy, who also happens to be very close to the husband. Maybe he could also be his lover, now how’s that for a twist, huh? What if she becomes pregnant by this man? Now what the hell would happen to this guy? Would the cuckold have to exact revenge, of course due to his position, even if it means taking out a lover? 

Or how about a story telling the tale of a man with deep rooted hatred, who manages to con the world, well that’s any classical story, a tale as old as time. Not beauty and the beast, though his hatred could rival the latter. But sometimes that’s just life. I love the idea that fiction can never achieve the randomness of real life. That’s why I love fiction, it is eminently controllable, and I can always just start over and make things go the way I want them to. I also believe that’s the reason many choose to write, because while reading is a form of escapism, man writing, that’s the ultimate form of escaping. Sometimes I can go for hours not actually writing, but navigating the corridors of a story, going back and forth. Like a maze, but I got something better than twine, I can just move the walls. 

No hay comentarios: